HIL testing BEV drive-module.
Realistic simulation/HIL testing procedures for Heavy duty BEV
Digital preparation and testing of proposed Electric drive module prototypes enables risk reduction and demonstrates whether or not certain designs are viable in an early stage. This allows for rapid prototyping loops, speeding up the decision-making process whilst being a low-cost alternative to full scale prototypes. Therefore a graduation internship is proposed in which a model is made for performing performance tests under controlled circumstances.
This project encompasses:
- Literature review on Motor and Power electronics Thermal and Electrical behaviour under Heavy Duty and Medium Duty truck conditions
- Preparation of simplified truck Vehicle Dynamics model to be driven by the drive module (Matlab/Simulink).
- Design and preparation of a motor dynamic model, including all relevant power electronics, easily interchangeable with different models. (Matlab/Simulink)
- Preparation of a control strategy for fluent truck handling.
- Preparation of a control strategy for efficient power use.
- Preparation for possible interfaces with Battery testing module (Matlab/Simulink)
- Perform a sensitivity analysis to determine key product variables.
- Design and build a HIL – test bench for MD/HD Electric drive modules
Available for 6-12 months.
DAF Trucks is the 2nd largest truck and largest tractor manufacturer in Europe. To reduce the carbon footprint of our fleet and to comply with future EU legislation it is necessary for DAF to develop Hybrid-Electric and Battery-Electric vehicles. The DAF Engine Plant currently manufactures engines for the Eindhoven and Leyland production of DAF trucks, furthermore the Engine plant provides powertrain components for other PACCAR locations worldwide. To maintain the strong competitive position, the DAF Engine plant focuses on development and production of innovative powertrain components for future LF Electric and CF Hybrid and Battery Electric Trucks, such as the Battery Pack and Electric Drive Module.
- Enthusiastic master student Mechanical, Automotive or Electrical Engineering;
- Matlab/Simulink knowledge is necessary;
- Strong interest in electrification of vehicles
- Work highly independent
- Meticulous in reporting
Our internships and graduate projects give you the chance to develop into a young professional. You can take an active part in one of our many current projects and actively experience what it is like to work for DAF. As student at DAF you’ll receive an internship wage.
For more information you can contact Fleur van de Meulenhof (Campus Recruiter) on phone number +31 40 214 2616.